UK Blue 2.0

Friday, March 7, 2008

Weeks 7 & 8: Play Week

These two weeks we are presented with a bunch of activities and are allowed to pick two of them. The first one I selected was the fourth activity, which requires us to check out Encore, the new catalog. I must admit I am not a huge fan, mainly because I am familiar and comfortable with InfoKat so it isn’t convenient for me to use this one, especially since I am in need of a catalog for many of my tasks. I can see Encore being successful for non-specific, general searching needs. In fact, Encore reminds me of the catalog from the local public library. As I usually have certain information and certain ways of performing searches, I prefer something where I can have limits and specifications in order to retrieve what I need. In a formatting sense, I don’t find is as useful since some items only have pop-up window options, and the window opens up to the original InfoKat record. Therefore, I’d rather use InfoKat so I don’t have more windows open on my computer.

The second activity I ended up selecting accidentally. A link was posted for Web 2.0 Winners. I started perusing through it and found many fun things! There are many categories ranging from “Digital Storage and Remote Access” to “Social Networking”. I enjoyed the “Fun Stuff” category. One in particular is a site where “true stories are told in one sentence.” It was amusing to read through the creative postings. I imagine I will continue looking through the links on this page since so far I have only viewed a few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home